This week as PinkOddy is snowed under with her move I will be hosting Tuesday Time Tunnel and she should be back next week.
Its simple really just guess the year and add your own Tuesday Time Tunnel to the linky at the bottom.
- Doctor Who is revived as a TV series by the BBC, having been discontinued in December 1989
- Live 8 concerts are held
- London is chosen as the host city for the 2012 Olympic Games, beating Paris in the final round of votes 54 to 50.
- Pubs in England and Wales permitted to open for 24 hours for the first time.
- Richard Whiteley, television presenter and journalist
- Ronnie Barker, comic actor
- George Best, former footballer
- Pope John Paul II, Polish Roman Catholic Pope
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory